How to Can Berries
Brief Canning Instructions
- Ladle jam immediately into prepared canning jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of top.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with two-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Place jars on elevated canner rack.
- Lower rack into canner, and fill with boiling water, covering jars completely plus 1-2 inches more.
- Cover canner and bring water to gentle boil.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove jars carefully and place upright on a towel to cool completely.
- After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger.
Complete Canning Tutorial
Go to this link, then click on “View Our Getting Started Guide” to see an illustrated guide to home canning that you can download.